Announcements‎ > ‎

Building Permits

posted Mar 27, 2010, 4:31 PM by Village Hollow   [ updated Mar 27, 2010, 4:41 PM ]
There have been questions recently about when a building permit is needed for home improvements.  Currently adding a garden, swingset or shrubs DO NOT require a permit, but this statement is not legally binding.  Check with the West Cocalico Township Authority at 717-336-8720 to verify whether the project you are undertaking needs a building permit.
Here are home improvements that DO require a permit: adding or expanding a shed, driveway, fence, pool, satellite dish, electrical, plumbing or any interior remodeling.  Interior painting does not require a permit.
 Note: even after obtaining a permit from West Cocalico Township you also must also obtain approval from the Village Hollow Home Owners Association.